Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm here!!

This will be a short post, but to those of you chomping at the bit..... I am finally - after a looooong day of travel - here in Prague! By my count, I've been awake for approximately 31 hours (I don't sleep on planes). Over those 31 hours, I have been to Newark, Amsterdam (where our plane was delayed), and finally to Prague. So far, I haven't seen a whole lot, although I did get one beautiful view of the famous Prague skyline with its thatched roofs and castles peaking into the sky. I can tell that it's going to be a fantastic trip, although it has been just as overwhelming trying to unpack as it has been to get all my things together in the first place.... after all, this is no vacation. I'm here for the long haul! To the right is a picture of the current state of my room on Machova 12 (my street). Clearly, it's a work in progress!

To those of you who have seen my favorite movie of the summer, perhaps you might find the Czech version relatively amusing:
I look forward to updating more very soon!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Vall-E is any better in Czech....I hoping yes.